Thursday, October 14, 2004

The Manifesto

At the beginning of the movie Y Tu Mama Tambien, the two main characters rattle off an 8 point manifesto that was adopted by their group of friends. I'm not sure why they had a manifesto, or what the 8 points were, but a manifesto seems like a good way to kick of a blog. Here goes:

1. No one will actually read this. A few friends might check it out in the beginning, but really no one else cares. And my friends will read it just for the gossip value, leading to Manifesto Point #2;

2. There will be gossip. It's pretty much all I have to relate. And the gossip will be malicious, nearly slanderous, borderline treasonous. If I can't hear wailing and gnashing of teeth, and I mean at a biblical level, I'm not doing my job;

3. You should leave comments. If there aren't comments, at least from my friends, I'll do a lot of whining about how I'm being ignored;

4. This ain't a democracy. That's what the Amazing/Annoying JPK told me about his blog when I complained that a comment had been removed. I have a pretty thick skin though, so I don't plan to abuse this Manifesto Point;

5. I will name names. While avoiding libel (see Manifesto Point #2), I don't plan to change names to protect the innocent. If you don't like it, hire a lawyer and SUE; and

6. Drinking will dominate this blog. They say write what you know. Ideally when you're sober enough to hit the right keys.

That's it, I can't think of any more points for my manifesto. But now that you've read this far, drop me a comment on the subject of JPK's Fisting Adventure: Fact or Fiction?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jason Krech said...

Yeah -- sure. If there is anything that Andrew's blog could be relied upon for, it is complete fiction...we all know that. This should read like a Danielle Steele novel, but written in the style of a 1st grader.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Jason Krech said...

Wow -- took Andrew a long time to run out of stuff to contribute. I'm moving to Issaquah...chew on that one!

9:58 AM  
Blogger AndrewM said...

Issaquah, wow you showed me! Please, whatever you do, don't shut off your phone and stop posting to your blog. I would just die!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Jason Krech said...

Wasn't trying to "show you". I was, however, trying to find a geographic region sufficient to fill your ass and mouth and keep you from being such a god-awful blight to humanity. Issaquah might be a little small to shut for that though; hopefully, it will remove me permanently from your radar.

3:14 PM  
Blogger AndrewM said...

Thanks for the comment sweetie, but if you could try to post comments that are coherent and grammatically correct, that would be great. I can't figure out what you're trying to say :)

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home