Monday, October 18, 2004

Nothin' Going On

It was a quiet weekend for me, and unfortunately there's little new gossip to report. Here are the tidbits I have to share:

We all learned a valuable lesson last week: before you "Reply All" to an email, take a look at who is on the distribution list. If you didn't get his missives Friday afternoon (meaning you live under a rock), JPK used "Reply All" to tell me and everyone I know that he hopes I get hit by a bus. Responses ranged from "who is this psycho" to "that wackjob Jason is sending death threats to my GODDAMN work email." Thank you Jason, for throwing YOURSELF under the bus in order to give everyone a little lesson in etiquette.

On Friday night Carlos and I met Matthew out for a couple of drinks. I know it's shocking to anyone who knows us, but a couple of drinks at CC Attle's turned into a pub crawl down the hill through Madison Pub and Manray. Complete with shots. Not a big deal for me or Matty (the Benz got to spend the night in the parking garage because I couldn't drive) but it was a little much for Carlitos. Of course I didn't realize there was a problem until we had a bit of a scene. Note to self: don't make the boyfriend keep up with you, you outweigh him by at least 60 pounds.

To wrap up the weekend, Carlos and I went to a "party" in Algona. Where's Algona? F*ck if I know, but you drive south for a long time until you run into large fields full of either pumpkins or double-wide trailers. The party was a celebration of recent baptisms and birthdays, and it was mostly expatriates from the Mexican state of Oaxaca. As the solitary gringo and "Carlos's boyfriend" I was the object of some curiosity. I tried to chat, but in addition to the language barrier, there was a band playing at about 800 decibels. So I just drank Corona (they had more beer than a frat party, I love these people) and gawked at the cute str8 boys when Carlos wasn't looking.

And last, but certainly not least: I heard a vicious rumor that a photo of JPK's non-boyfriend might exist somewhere on the internet. If it could be found would it be wrong of me to post it on this blog? Drop me a comment and let me know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Krech said...

There are two sides to every story...and as for the reply all...how could you possibly blame it on me for defending myself from your defamations to the same people whom you sent the original "missive" out to in the first place...meanwhile, nice to see you sound your SAT study book...

I'm a little sick of this crap. As I've said, say what you like. And if your friends that I don't know think I'm a wack-job, so beit. They obviously would have to be a little off kilter themselves to consider friendship with you.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home