Tuesday, October 19, 2004

JPK, We Hardly Knew Ye

Let me start by saying: this isn't a "beat up JPK" blog. Unfortunately, he's the only person I know that has been doing anything interesting. And boy is it interesting. So at the risk of focusing too much on one person, this entry is dedicated to our beloved JPK on the eve of his move to Issaquah.

Yesterday Jason posted this comment:

Wow -- took Andrew a long time to run out of stuff to contribute. I'm moving to Issaquah...chew on that one! --Posted by Jason Krech to Bored at Work at 10/18/2004 09:58:18 AM

Not a huge surprise: he'd been looking for a new place and he's been known to move to the boonies (remember Tacoma?). Issaquah is a pleasant place, there's convenient bus service, and it's comfortably away from the Hill. Not a choice that I would make, but if Jason is looking for a break from going out and being seen, and he wants to commune with nature in a sleepy little town, Issaquah is the perfect choice. I know several people who have moved there for peace and quiet, and although they've never been heard from again, I ssumed they were happy with their choice. As an aside, his comment implies as well that this is a punishment for me, but I'd say he's punishing himself and a nice little town instead.

I've heard one troubling thing about the move to Issaquah: that the non-boyfriend Ross (shall we call him Dress for Less, or Fists of Fury?) lives and works there. And there have been rumblings about a one year lease. But moving to Issaquah for someone (in with someone?) you've known 10 days seems a little crazy, so I'm assuming there's another explanation. Regardless, I want to send Jason my best wishes and I hope he finds the peace and tranquility in Issaquah that has thus far eluded him in Seattle, Tacoma, and Fremont.

Switching gears: this morning I was talking to Matty on my way to work, and among other things we touched on the problem of using language to mislead. Granted, language is a living thing, and words can and should have a certain flexibility in meaning. But flexibility can go too far, and there's been an epidemic of that lately. Take just 2 examples: recently the phrase "right now" has been stretched to mean "a week from Friday." And "I haven't had sex in XX days" means "I've been hooking up with lots of guys, but I haven't had anal sex with them." Come on kids, you're not a Presidential candidate, so don't try to mislead us.

And that's all the news that's fit to print for now. I really hope someone does something trashy or embarassing, because I'm running out of material here and I really don't want to go to the effort of figuring out something to say. Keep your fingers crossed that someone acts out at R Place after Spanish class tonight, and I will gladly (if somewhat fuzzily) report what I can remember!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Krech said...

Thank you Andrew.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home