Wednesday, January 05, 2005

One Night at R Place

By Wednesday night, as you can imagine, Adam was in a tizzy. LA Carlos and the Denver Fillies were on their way, New Years was around the corner, and everyone’s favorite Houseboi was gonna get some or know the reason why. Apparently LA Carlos was the principal object of his desire, but any of the Fillies would have done the trick (so to speak). Our cherubic little Adam called me Wednesday afternoon, all in a lather, because he’d realized there wasn’t enough bedding for his guests. Stifling a smart-ass comment, I promised to run some blankets and pillows to the house that evening while I ran errands. I dutifully dropped off the bedding, then stopped by Changes for a beer or 5 before heading home. It was karaoke; there were a number of good singers, and a stunning blond college boy (there with his girlfriend) that I just had to watch sing “Sweet Child of Mine.” Seth was even working and we got to chat a bit, it was fun.

For me, Thursday was spent trying to work while I had a nasty email battle with Matty. I worked late, had dinner with Carlos, and then went to Manray to meet Matty and his friend Patrick from DC. Patrick had grown up in Seattle, and I met him last year when he came to visit his family for the holidays. Despite the battle with Matthew I wanted to hang out with Patrick again, so I headed off to Manray while Carlos went home to watch Amor Real. Matty and Patrick rolled into Manray at about 10 pm, and shortly thereafter Adam appeared and introduced the import posse.

LA Carlos was mid-twenties, skinny, latino, and preppy but with a military style haircut. A little skinnier than Adam usually goes for, but he makes up for that by owning a broad array of Lacoste polo shirts (Lacoste is a major weakness for Adam). I suspect Adam would like some kind of relationship with LA Carlos, but there are a couple of major drawbacks: his location and his apparent lack of income. Still, LA Carlos has kept Adam intrigued long-distance for almost a year, and got himself up to Seattle for New Years, and those are no mean feats.

The Denver Fillies were all late 20s or early 30s. Steve had dark blond, spiky gelled hair and was about 6 feet tall. Dan and Mike (Mike complimented me extensively on the blog, which earns him gentle treatment that is rarely given to anyone) were both over 6 feet. Mike was a little dressier, Dan a little more A&F (backwards ballcap and everything), but basically nice, regular guys in town for (ahem) a good time. And boy did they (more on that later). Steve had a situation of his own: a boyfriend of sorts back in Denver that had him humming Semper Fidelis (the boyffriend isn’t a Marine, Steve was just trying to be good) all weekend. And except for that one time with that one boy, he was good (more on that later too).

After complimenting me on the blog, Mike planted a big, long, deep, wet kiss on Adam to make sure he did SOMETHING worthy of a blog mention. With the whole weekend ahead of him, I knew Mike would appear a few times in the blog, but there’s substitute for making sure. I don’t know what the boys were doing before Manray, but Adam was grinning and stumbling around like someone had just beaten him with the Goofy Stick. We chatted a little and had some beers, then transitioned over to R Place.

Thursday night is the amateur strip show at R Place, and it was predictably packed. After squeezing past the bar, I made my way to the cash machine and the coat check. And who do I run into but Chad Ballentine! I have seen Chad once or twice since he got married and moved to Issaquah. That’s typical for him: he finds a boy, settles down, and isn't heard from until they break up. He was out with his cute boyfriend Matt, but was very flirty (really I think more drunk and missing me that seriously flirting) so I had to ask if they were still together. Of course they are, and were on their way to the car for the long drive home (Matt was the designated driver). While we were chatting, this completely adorable boy went by us on his way to the cash machine and then again heading upstairs. Chad being drunker, cuter, and bolder than I, grabbed the kid and found out he’s named Matt (I think) and was going to be in the strip show. Sadly, Chad and his husband Matt had to leave and miss it, but I resolved there and then to stay as late as necessary and see what the kid had under his baggy t-shirt and jeans.

After Chad and husband left, I went upstairs to join Matty, Patrick, Adam, LA Carlos, Mike, Dan, Steve (the Fillies), and Ben (remember, Mike Meola says he didn’t have sex that one night with Ben). Dan bought Ben and I a round, and we made our way over by the strippers. They were just getting started, and were definitely a mixed bag. The first one or two was less than memorable, but then this smokin’ Asian kid got up there and starting taking it off. Ben’s a major rice queen, and I like Asians myself, so in unison we pushed our way up front and started waving $5 bills at the kid while he took off his pants and danced around in his tighty-whiteys. The bouncer didn’t like that at all (the puritans running Seattle have serious issues with strippers, alcohol, and distance) but we managed to give the kid our money when he was done.

And next up was the little guy I’d met briefly downstairs. He was Italian-looking, about 5 feet tall with dark hair, and was young, smooth, and lean under those baggy clothes. Apparently he had won the week before, and I could see why. He actually hung sideways off the stripper pole and shook his ass at the crowd (not particularly original, but always welcome). I waved another $5 at him, but the boy ignored me as clearly too much of a drunken mess for any encouragement. After he finished and gathered up his clothes, Ben and I returned to our group at the back of the bar.

At this point I was winding down, and people were beginning to disperse, so I said my goodbyes to the boys and Adam’s import posse and headed home. With a detour to the Eagle, where I ran into my friend Tony. We ended up texting, and then he came by to talk for nearly an hour about his new relationship. Carlos was a little curious why I came in and left again to talk to Tony, but he didn’t seem to worried since he’d met Tony and his boyfriend before. Finally, around 2:30 am I crawled into bed and tried to get enough sleep to get through New Year’s Eve. And if I'd known in advance what New Year's Eve would be like, I would have slept right through it. More on all that next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home