Friday, February 25, 2005

Boring is as Boring Does

Today is Friday, and the best thing about it is curry at Sumo. Sumo is a little Japanese restaurant near my office. They have Japanese curry every Friday, and it’s so good that I just want to die. I pop in there around 11:30, get my curry and Diet Coke, and settle down with the opinion section from the Seattle Times. It’s my little Friday lunch ritual, and I guard it jealously. No lunch dates, no chatting, no joiners, and no variation. It’s me, my Diet Coke, my paper, and my curry. Life is good.

I continue to follow Gannon-gate (the President’s gay prostitute scandal) religiously. The blogosphere is going crazy over it, but the mainstream media seems reluctant to report it. The articles I have read seem to imply that he’s being criticized because he’s conservative and gay. Which is ridiculous, so is Andrew Sullivan. Who cares? The issue, of course, is that he was working at a prostitute before and/or during the time he was let into the White House. Which shows incompetence in the screening process, or worse, some sort of collusion by the White House. What would be perfect, of course, would be to find out this guy got in because he was doing Karl Rove. Absent that little gift from the gods, I’d settle for a few solid, muckracking front page stories and an embarrassed press release from the administration. Unfortunately, hypocrisy and/or incompetence aren’t impeachable offenses, or Bush would be in real trouble.

I managed to get trashed twice this week. Monday night and Wednesday night both started with a drink after work, and quickly progressed to drunken stupidity and a fuzzy, stumbling walk home. James got mugged Tuesday night (in NYC, but in a pretty good area of town) and he wasn’t even very drunk. I can only imagine what could have happened to me. I’ve been lucky, but it’s yet another reminder to rein it in a bit. Of course, that would make the blog less interesting, but occasionally I consider it.

JPK seems to have risen from the dead, and started commenting on the blog. You can read his comments to the previous entry. I was hoping for détente, but he slammed my veracity right off the bat. I’ve got thick skin (oh, don’t you even say it, you bitches) so that doesn’t bother me, but it’s frustrating that he still hasn’t learned anything. I’d do well to take Matty’s example, and just pretend he’s dead. Reminds of the old saying (well, rhetorical question): Who’s the fool; the fool or the man who argues with him?

And finally, this is a really lame entry. I should write about Monday and Wednesday night, but just don’t feel like it. Between working all day and paying my bills over lunch, I’m too fried and depressed to rehash it. But the long hours end this week, and we go back to a much saner 50 hour cap. I’ll be more interesting then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home