Monday, January 09, 2006

Random Sunday Night

Did you make any New Years Resolutions? I did, and it seems like everyone else has too. They range from the traditional, “lose some weight,” to the optimistic, “stop drinking.” One guy told me last night he’s resolved to “fix his life.” Laudable, I should give that a try. But in the meantime I spent my Sunday evening barhopping with Seth, Madge, and Jae. We ended up at the Cuff, which (in case you were wondering) does not get going until after 10 pm. Sigh. I thought it was going to be an early night.

But before all that, I had coffee with Danielle at B&O Espresso. The B&O is my favorite non-bar hangout: the food is good, the atmosphere is great, and the desserts are amazing. I skipped dessert (resolution, don’t you know) and just had a chai. Dani had a little present waiting for me when I arrived, a copy of “Brokeback Mountain” she’d found in a bookstore in Cascade, Idaho. Yes, a bookstore in Idaho actually stocks the short story, bound in a little book with Heath and Jake on the cover. It’s going on the top of my “to read” stack of books, it’ll be a quick one.

And here’s a little poll: did anyone have a good, or even average holiday season? It left me worn out and depressed, and Dani said she feels the same way. Nearly everyone she’s talked to either had disappointing or downright awful holidays. How was yours?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a great christmas! My family always does. My brother got engaged to Diane who he has been with for 5 years and my family spoiled me because they knew I had been having a rough time during November and December. There is also nothing like Mom's cooking.

4:21 PM  
Blogger AndrewM said...

I just knew someone had to have enjoyed the holidays....

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home