Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Really Random Thoughts, Part Deux

* Last night I watched a movie called The Adventures of Felix. I liked it a lot, mainly because the lead character was a free spirit without being annoying, and he brushed off problems that would have left me wallowing in self-pity. Plus he’s really cute, and apparently doesn’t mind taking off his clothes on film. It’s not Oscar material, but it’s a nice little movie and I’d recommend it if you’re depressed or just want to read some subtitles. It’s in French.

* Yesterday I bought a Roomba. In case you don’t shop regularly at Sharper Image or Linens & Things, a Roomba is a robot vacuum. You put it in the middle of a room, hit the button, and the thing is supposed to vacuum the floor. Yes, I know I have a semi-employed boyfriend who could do it, but the Roomba is cool. Or at least it seems cool, it will be really cool if it works. I’ve wanted one since they came out 2 years ago, and finally ran across a bunch of them on sale at Home Depot. I’m going to try it tonight, wish me luck!

* At work today, they raised my team’s hour cap to 60 hours per week. Which means my social life and sanity will disappear for the next few weeks (or few months) but my cash flow will increase significantly. I plan to use the extra income wisely. Last time, I blew most of it on a trip to London where I got my heart stomped on, and then spent the rest drowning my sorrows from said trip. This time will be different, I sure as hell won’t go to London for some guy no matter how much he says he loves me. When layoffs came I hardly had any savings, and that was no fun.

* A friend of mine is moving to New York City, and I’m going to drive with her across the country at the end of June. We’re scouring the internet so we can visit every single kitschy piece of Americana between Seattle and the Big Apple. So far we’ve locked down Mount Rushmore, Carhenge, Wall Drug, and the Field of Dreams baseball diamond. Any suggestions? I know there’s a giant Paul Bunyan somewhere in Minnesota or Wisconsin, and there’s got to be a giant ball of twine out there somewhere. It’s probably in Ohio. Anyway, if you know anything worth checking out, let me know.

* Next week I’m flying down to Reno to spend a long weekend with my parents and my uncle. Not in Reno mind you, we’re going to drive to Eureka where my uncle lives. It sounds kindof like torture, but I’m actually looking forward to the trip. It’s going to be low-key, that’s for sure. One night in Reno, then it’s off to the glories of small-town Nevada. I do plan to take a special bottle of “water” though, to keep the shakes away.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to visit the Corn Palace, in Mitchell, SD.

http://www.cornpalace.org/

-Matthew

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home