Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Really Random Thoughts

On Sunday, Woodsy invited Joey, Motorbike Mike, Ben, and a guy named Gavin to come over for drinks. They were running a bit late, so Woodsy waded into the champagne alone. And then ran to the store for more. He passed out on the couch by 5 pm surrounded by guests, and I demonstrated my world-famous “Woodsy Awake!” routine. That’s where I shake him and yell in his face trying to wake him up. It works about 30% of the time. It didn’t work this time, he just grunted and snored. We tried to find a Sharpie (to no avail) and then just packed it up and headed for Timberline.

Adam has a new love interest, a guy named Tom. As in “Tomcat.” An unneutered, male cat that goes around fighting and marking his territory and humping anything that moves. They met at Lester’s party Saturday night, which is as good a place as any for tomcattin’ around. Apparently during their weekend together, two of Matty’s pillows grew legs and wandered down to Adam’s room. One can only speculate why Adam might need a couple of extra pillows while entertaining his new friend. As an aside, apparently I met Tomcat at Timberline on Sunday night, but I was too busy being drunk to even remember seeing Adam, let alone his new love interest. Here’s hoping Animal Control lets the lovebirds alone.

Last night I had nothing better to do, so I stopped by the Crescent to have a beer and feed $20 into the jukebox. It’s the best jukebox in Seattle, you can download nearly any song ever recorded. And you can set the queue, but of course you have to pay extra for those features. Sigh. It adds up fast. When I got there I ran into Tim Dorien and his boyfriend Chris. Chris loves the Crescent, I love the Crescent, so we’ve decided to meet up there and drink heavily whenever we can. I also became best friends with the bartender Melanie after playing “Passionate Kisses,” and endeared myself forever to the owner when I brought over 2 cute, young guys from Wingdome (they’re friends of mine that saw me walk outside to take a call). The owner, Joe, bought us a round of drinks. A good time was had by all.

Saturday Carlos and I met Jeff and Jeff at Changes after I finished my endless day at work. We had a nice, drunken visit. I sat right by the door, which was propped open, and people kept walking by and peering in like we were animals in a zoo. Until it started to rain (well, downpour) and then they just ran. That made me happy. The Jeffs left after the rain stopped, and Carlos and I shortly after that. It was nice, if low-key.

And finally, for those that haven’t noticed, JPK’s blog seems to have disappeared. He hadn’t written in it for a couple of months, and I have a feeling he just didn’t want to keep paying for something he wasn’t using. I’m guessing that this means he no longer wants to brag about his life. Yes kids, I suspect married life is Issaquah is no longer rainbows and unicorns, and making up sunshine for the blog wore a little thin. Well the blogosphere is no doubt better off without him. I’d be sad to lose the ammunition, but I suspect that we’ll be hearing from him on occasion.

Oh, and someone apparently pissed in Matty’s Cheerios this morning. He’s all cranky, drop the big girl a note and let’er know she’s still loved. Especially you, Paul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home