Saturday, September 10, 2005

Dear Gentle Reader,

It’s been a long time since I updated the ol’ blog, but it’s summer and I’ve been busy with other things. Like work, and drinking heavily. But now that the days are growing shorter and dinner invitations have dried up, I can return to regular blog updates. Sorry I didn’t put up some kind of “Gone Drinkin’, see you in September” post, but no one ever said I was particularly responsible or reliable. Here are the random thoughts of the day:

--I went to B&O Espresso for the first time last week. I’d avoided it because it looked like a snooty coffee shop; one of those places where quasi-intellectual hipsters sat around in high water pants repeating what they’d read in books written by people who are actually smart. Turns out I was wrong: the place isn’t pretentious, it has a decent menu, and more importantly, lots of desserts. And boy, they’re yummy. All the waiters are adorable blond, teenage boys. To top it off, there’s a bar in the back. I kid you not, coffee and rum balls in front, Cosmos and beer in the back. I had tea and a “chocolate pot” with Dani and Johnny. The chocolate pot was amazing. The tea was great. I am fully chastened and intend to check out their brunch. B&O Expresso is at Olive and Belmont if you wanna try it.

--I spent Labor Day weekend gay camping at Bender Creek. It’s nice to go to a campground where you can wander into a campsite and they’ll insist you have a plate of eggs Florentine and a mimosa before you go. The cappuchino was good too, although the milk was slightly scalded. I opted to sleep in the Benz, which was good because I woke up to a pretty decent rainstorm. I just pulled my down comforter a little tighter and enjoyed the sound of raindrops on the sunroof. When it died down I wandered back to camp and had a brunch (it was about 1 pm) of field greens with vinaigrette and a lovely porcini and cheddar omelette. Homos sure know how to rough it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home