Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Stiffening the Ol' Resolve

Sigh. I’ve been getting complaints from far and wide that I never update the blog anymore. They’ve run the gamut anywhere from “I don’t know what’s going on with everyone” to “Did you die and forget to share the good news,” and include the always cheery sentiment “Did you finally get a real job?” Well no, I haven’t gotten a real job. And I didn’t die, you’ll know that’s happened when all the gay bars on Capital Hill go bankrupt. I just got a little lazy (ok, a lot lazy) and lost that ol’ bloggin’ feeling.

But it’s the New Year, and we’re supposed to have resolutions, right? Well I’ve got a truckload and one is to be a better blogger. Hopefully entertaining, probably embarrassing, but regardless I’ll be HERE. A sentiment expressed, I believe, both by Whoopi Goldberg in The Color Purple and Shirley MacLaine in Postcards From the Edge. I’m more a Postcards kind of guy, but I’ll cling to whatever coattails I can grab. So hopefully I can continue to not only be HERE, but to make it seem interesting at the same time. Here’s to lots of blogging in 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home