Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Two Pieces for the Price of One

I've been working downtown this week in my old stomping grounds downtown. In fact, in the same building where I worked for 3 years, and I've spent the last few days working one floor below my old cube. They say you can't go home again, but you sure can go back to the office.

Tuesday, I went with a co-worker to Salumi for lunch. It's only 8 blocks or so, but she had on heels, so we grabbed a bus going south on 3rd that stops across the street from the restaurant. We climbed onto the bus and sat down, and within about 3 nanoseconds I noticed the hot guy sitting across from me. Early 20s, good shape, with baggy clothes and some bling that showed he was hip-hopish/thug wannabe material. I say wannabe because he was skinny and asian, probably Thai or Vietnamese. And then I realized that there was another cute guy sitting on the other end of the seat. Early 20s, in good shape, with baggy clothes and some bling, Thai or Vietnamese..... I looked at one, and then the other, and then back, and it slowly dawned on me--they were TWINS! Yessir, honest to god identical asian twin brothers in baggy pants, dropped in my lap as a little appetizer before my Italian salami lunch . Well I was so distracted I couldn't hold a conversation, and we missed the bus stop because I was too busy drooling to pay attention to where we were. Sadly, we had to get off (so to speak) and go eat, but boy did it perk up my day.

Otherwise it's been a boring week. With trivia tonight and Pride this weekend, I should have plenty to write about. Once I sober up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home